Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It has been five weeks yesterday and the swelling has gone done enough that I can just make out that there is still a knee cap there. For me this is just not going fast enough. I just do not have the range of motion yet. By week six (according to the physical therapy protocol) I am supposed to have a 120° ROM, I am not even close to that yet. There are a couple of improvements though.

I decided to try to drive my car to the PT yesterday. The only reason I mention this is because my car is a stick and I have not been able to drive it since the surgery. I managed to make it there without much discomfort, the way home a bit more but I was worked over a bit. The best part is that I drove into work today! I was able to stay in bed a couple (yes couple) extra hours since I didn’t have to get up quite so early for my ride.

The PT seems to think the swelling has gone down a bit and was happy with that. She has also suggested that I try to take time at work and lay down with my leg elevated, not a very easy task at work. While there she had me doing isometrics with electro-stim. She also added a couple of stretching exercises for both my hamstring and calf that I now need to incorporate into my routine. The most painful part of the PT session was the knee massage I got before I was done, it is still quite tender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home