Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Friday Morning September 16th I wake up in my own home. I must say I have one of the nicest wives. Last night after my wife got me all set for bed she said she would be down at 1 AM to administer my pills. She had already set her alarm clock so I do not need to worry about it. That night around 20 of one like clock work my knee wakes me up. I look up at the VCR for the time and figure that’s not too bad only twenty minutes to wait. Well 1 AM came around and no wife. 1:10 and still no wife and I have no idea where she has hid the pills. At twenty past one she pops into my room to find me wide eyed waiting for her. She had fallen back asleep, needless to say the pills now sitting right beside me before I go to bed with a glass of water. That just works out better for everyone but this does give me something else to tease my wife about, I’m so bad!

I had one thing I needed to do for work so after I finished with my CPM for the morning I got that done. That afternoon I got a gift basket in the mail from my coworkers, very nice of them. I’m guessing the Dean picked it out but that is just a guess.

Over the weekend I just tried to get into a routine. Wake up (way too early, but that is the case every morning), my wife gets me breakfast and fills my Ice Man, do the CPM for two hours, relax for a little while before lunch, eat lunch and hopefully get the Ice Man filled again, do the CPM for another two hours, get things done (this usually means some relaxing, some cleaning up, reading, surfing the web, writing these posts, etc.), eat dinner, get the Ice Man filled for the evening and do the CPM for my last two hours and read to the boys before they go to bed. After that it usually is a little TV and then to bed. To say the lease I cannot wait to get back to work.

I just want to get back to my point of having the nicest wife. Despite the hard time I give her I cannot imagine most wives would make sure I had 3 good meals a day and all catered to me. Make sure I was comfortable and well hydrated. Try to keep up with the Ice Man despite the fact it hurts her back lifting and filling that thing up. Give me sponge baths (I have had three to date) and make sure I am taking care of myself. All this while taking care of our two boys and dog and having to teach Sunday school and go to back to school night alone. I consider myself very lucky despite the hard time I give her.

One last thing on pleasantries, I am starting to get a bit backed up (if you know what I mean). My back is starting to really hurt me in the morning when I wake up and I think it stems from the fact I have yet to be able to go. Hopefully it will take care of itself soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home