Friday, September 16, 2005

Monday afternoon September 12th I get a call from the surgeon’s secretary. My surgery time has been moved from 7:30 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon. My first thoughts were how am I going to ever survive not eating until then? My thoughts probably should have been more focused on how am I going to get a ride to the hospital.

My brother-in-law can no longer drop me off at the hospital; he’s a plumber and would have to leave the job to do it now (although he still said he would). After making a few calls I am now planning on getting a ride into work from my wife sometime the following morning and then getting dropped off at the Hospital by one of my coworkers, Jeff, around two. My Wife is still planning on picking me up the following morning. She will be getting a ride in with one of her sister.

I stayed busy tonight doing chores and trying not to think about the upcoming surgery too much. I went grocery shopping, took the garbage out, watched the baseball game and had a large bowl of ice cream at 11:30! I actually had an okay night of sleep (the last one for a while it turns out).

2 Comments:

Blogger Maciej said...

Good Luck, hope everything goes well!

8:20 PM  
Blogger bentley92 said...

Thanks for the good wishes

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home