Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My pre-op screening was yesterday. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! I had to do it at the New England Baptist Hospital, I could not even do it with my own physician. The appointment was at 2:30 but they wanted me there at 2:00 to fill out forms. The forms part I just don’t understand, they have an online site that allows entering all of your information prior to getting there, what other forms are there?

I hit major traffic getting there and arrived at 2:20, thank goodness for the online form entry because there really were no other forms to fill out (except sign all responsibility away). I then proceeded to wait until 3:15 before they called me in. The RN took my vitals and then said she didn’t think it was necessary for me to get an EKG or have blood taken (fine by me). She went down the no list (do you smoke, have you had tuberculosis, etc.) and that was it. About seven minuets with the RN, $4 parking charge and I was done. I then proceeded to hit traffic on my way home!

The only interesting things out of that visit are that they wanted me to stop taking the Glucosamine Chondroitin. They also sent me home with soap (I’m guessing it must be different than my Dove). Starting on the 11th they want me to wash my knee twice a day with the special soap. This will also be the last weekend I’ll be able to drink because I also need to stop all alcohol intake three days before the surgery. I’ll have to make sure this weekend is not all yard work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home