Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Something I did forget to mention yesterday. I have been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin ever since my surgery in September. My surgeon recommended it but was very non-committal on its benefits. He basically said that some of his patients have said that they get some relief from the arthritis pain. I don’t think it has helped at all but how would I know with all the work that has been going on there.

I need to mention a couple of things about it. Supposedly you need to have a very large dose for this to have any affect. My pills suggest taking the horse-sized pills three times a day. I’m relatively okay at it; I take my morning pill with my multi-vitamin religiously. The afternoon pill I am usually good at, at least on the workdays. It’s that last evening pill with dinner that I routinely forget. Lastly, those pills are expensive! At this point I do not think I am going to be getting any more once I run out of the batch I have.

2 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

Sigh... I know what you mean. The only thing that worked for my pain (back and hips) was the stuff they took off the market (Vioxx and Bextra). Let me just say I've hoarded my samples of Bextra and have been rationing them for when the pain gets really bad. Dwindling supply though.

11:06 AM  
Blogger bentley92 said...

Vioxx is what they gave me for swelling after my September surgery. I must say it worked very well with the swelling. Popping four Ibuprofen at a time just is no fun.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home