Monday, August 01, 2005

So I was on vacation this past week. I did the usual fair on the Cape, went to the beach a couple days, played in the water throwing the boys around, went to the park and threw the football and baseball around, walked a bit around the town and waited a lot for my wife at the Christmas Tree Shops. I tell you this only to point out that my knee is feeling okay despite the extra activities. One thing I have noticed is that my knee has started to pop again with more frequency and usually while I’m laying down. Not overly bad, just a little pain when it happens. I’m not looking forward to the time it happens while I’m walking and I end up on all fours. I’m sure this will happen at work, those things never happen while your alone walking in the back yard. I also did a bit of drinking, card playing, and all around fun stuff if you were interested.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across this blog from your Bedford blog.

Have you given any thought to post-surgery sports? I'm told that running is fairly rough on the knees, and biking is exclusively lower body. For cardio, may I suggest you look at indoor rowing? It's low impact, and there's a competitive element, with the world indoor rowing championship right here in Boston.

1:00 PM  
Blogger bentley92 said...

If everything goes well I hope to be able to play basketball again, limiting the amount that I play. The main goal is to be able to play in the yard with the boys throwing the football or baseball around without pain. The other added benefit (and more importantly) would be extending the life of my knee. Running is definitely out of the picture, you are right; it beats the hell out of the joints.

I hadn’t thought about rowing. They have rowing machines at the gym I go to. I used to enjoy rowing (aluminum boat) when I was a kid. Something I’ll definitely have to consider. Thanks for all of the information. I’ll also talk to my PT when the time comes.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home