Monday, September 19, 2005

Tuesday evening September 13th I wake up in the recovery room. This part of my experience is a bit fuzzy and hard to recall everything. I know I woke up around 9ish but the who’s and when’s for a while are not exact. I know that I was the only patient left on the recovery room. I know that I got my blocker for the left leg while I was there but I cannot remember who gave it to me. I can remember the needle going into the groin area and thinking that that should be hurting a lot more than it does but I have no idea who was at the other end on the needle.

I can remember feeling a bit concerned that it was after nine. I knew that the procedure was only supposed to take about 3 ½ hours. I remember getting the feeling that my nurse was perturbed to still be here taking care of me. I remember feeling very dry and wanting to get something to drink. I remember feeling worried that my wife must have been sick with worries since the procedure took so long.

Things I know that happened, I asked if Dr. Richmond called my wife and he had. I asked what the Red Sox score was; they were losing (and the Yankees were winning too boot). Another nurse that was there gathered this information for me and kept me up to date with the scores while I was there. She was also nice enough to get me a wet facecloth to moisten my mouth. I asked if Dr. Richmond would be coming in to see me, and he had already gone home and that is where my nurse wanted to go! This is about when I confirmed that my nurse was perturbed. I must note though, everyone else that I dealt with at the hospital had to have taken their happy pills. They all could not have been any nicer to me while I was there. My wife called me while I was there but they could not forward the phone over to where I was so they gave her a quick update and told her I would be able to call her later. I have no idea what time it was when I finally got transferred to my room, only that the Sox game was over.

2 Comments:

Blogger maria said...

Wishing you a fast recovery
on your knee surgery.

Marie

5:05 PM  
Blogger bentley92 said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home