Thursday, October 06, 2005

I’m back to work! I was planning on going back to work on Monday but Mrs. Bentley woke up with a nasty head cold. As I mentioned before, Tuesday the CPM machine was going to be picked up so I planned on returning to work on Wednesday. The pain I got from the CPM never dissipated and I never went past 90° and I can still only get about 40° outside of the CPM.

The CPM was removed by 9:30 Tuesday morning. Spending 6 hours a day on the machine despite how boring and painful it was really broke the day up. Not being able to do that really enforced the fact that I needed to get out of the house and back to work! You can only do so many leg lifts.

It was great to be back at work. I didn’t get much accomplished in terms of work; I spent most of my day going over other peoples work and changes that have been made to my projects. Right now I am getting a ride into work from a neighbor of mine; I get there before 7 and am leaving around 3:30, very odd hours for me. It is an odd feeling being the first person in the building (not just the office). I am going to have to figure out other arrangements for next week as he will be taking a class.

There may be a chance that I can borrow my brother-in-laws car for a while. His is not a stick and I should be able to drive it. The only issue there is that the garage that I park at is a few blocks away and I end up parking on one of the upper floors and it doesn’t have an elevator. I’m working with the parking department to let me park on the first floor. They are still waiting on a letter from my doctor stating that stairs can be treacherous for me while I am on the crutches. My HR person also notified the STD people that I have started back to work to find out that my doctors office never faxed back the papers they need. That was a bit disappointing since I had giving (and watched the doctor fill out) all of the paperwork to the doctor back on August 12th. Worst comes to worse I have enough vacation time to cover the laps in time; I’d just hate to waste it on my knee.

Work was relatively comfortable up until about 12:30. At that point it seemed like I could not get into any position that was comfortable. I’d lock my knee, flex my knee, put it up on the garbage can, and walk around a bit. It seemed as if I could not sit more than 10 minuets at a time with out my knee screaming. I’m guessing that each day it should get a little easier.

Once home I iced my knee for a couple of hours and did my exercises. I finally sat down to get entirely depressed by the Sox lost. It’s great to be back to work and have some normalcy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home