Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thursday Morning September 22 what else could go wrong? My wife saw a friend outside across the street and ran across to see her. She did not notice but the dog managed to sneak out behind her. While across the street her friend noticed that the dog had gotten out. My wife told her friend not to call the dog because she didn’t want her to run into the street but it was too late. Our dog ran into the street and got clipped by a white pickup truck. Long story short we had to bring her to the vet and she needed to have surgery. We were very lucky that there is not any permanent damage. The guy in the white pickup truck didn’t even stop after he hit her! How can anyone not stop?


Now my wife has to take care of me, the boys and our dog’s injuries once she comes home. On Friday afternoon I went back to the doctors office. While there he took a look at my knee and said it looked good, not too much swelling. Dr. Richmond then started to take off the steri-strips and remove the stitches. I was planning on taking a few pictures of my knee while he was dong this but sadly I started to feel very lightheaded. I was only able to get this one picture when he finished before he wrapped my leg back up. I can now start to get my knee wet, which means I can start to take showers, YEA! I also have to start increasing my range of motion up to 90°, I am currently at 30°.

Before leaving the office I got a script for Vicodin and information about the physical therapists at Tufts University Hospital. I am still not sure what PT’s I’ll end up using, I may just continue with the group in Concord that I had used with my last two procedures. I am hoping I will not have to fill the script for Vicodin. I’ll be going back to see Dr. Richmond in a month, sometime in early November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home