Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Three weeks and still no knee cap! There is still a lot of swelling around my knee. I need to be doing more of the Ice Man to reduce this. This was a week of just increasing my ROM and decreasing my drug intake.

Monday, September 26th I am down to only two pills, one when I wake up in the morning and another before bed. By Wednesday I have increased my ROM to 70°. This sadly is only on the CPM machine. If I try to move my knee outside of the machine I can only get about 20° (even now I max out at 40°). By Thursday I have increased my ROM to 80° but it is painful! I have also decreased my drug intake to just one Perkaset before bed.

I have scheduled my physical therapy to start on October 13th. I don’t know if they scheduled it out this late (one month after the surgery) intentionally to get the most out of the PT because of the procedure I endured or because that is the earliest they could take me. After the first visit I should have regular visits every Monday and Thursday.

Friday the dog has to go back to the vet to get her bandages changed. She is already acting more like herself but still hops to stay off her left hind leg on the occasion. I have increased my ROM to 87°.

Saturday I have increased my ROM to 90°! Once I hit 70° I start to feel some pain, by the time I reach 90° there is a lot of pain. I’m planning on staying at 90° for a while or at least until the pain subsides. I did not take any pills today!

Back to no knees! They removed my CPM machine today, Tuesday October 4th; the insurance only covered it for 21 days. I have been doing other exercises but today started doing them more consistently. I am doing ankle flexes with the use of a rubber band to give tension. I am also doing leg lifts in all four directions. None of these exercises seem to give me any pain, I just (sadly) get physically tired from doing them. Afterwards I have some, what I think are normal, aches in the knee. Again I should be using the Ice Man more to alleviate both the pain and swelling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home