Friday, September 30, 2005

Saturday September 24 I get to take a nice hot shower. It is not easy getting in and out of the shower and hopping around on one leg but oh is the shower nice. I need help once I get out wrapping my leg in the ace bandage but over all I can manage it. Today is Bedford day and my boys are planning on marching in the parade and I am going to try to watch them. My wife drove me to the center of the town and I setup a chair near the curb and was comfortable enough. A funny thing happened while I was sitting there before they stopped traffic for the parade; someone in a car passing by stopped and recognized me from my posts. He also wished me luck; funny I would never expect that to ever happen.

After the parade was over the boys had a soccer game and I decided to go to that also. By the time I made it home my knee was very sore but I guess that is to be expected. Regardless it was very nice to get out of the house and move around a bit. My wife picked up our dog after soccer, she had bandages on both hind legs, and they looked like little booties. She has to take both a pain medicine and an antibiotic. She’ll have to go back to the vet’s on Monday to have the bandages changed. I also was able to sleep in my own bed; my back felt much better and I slept a little bit longer before first waking up at 4:30.

Sunday I was up early and got on the CPM nice and early. Good friends of ours son came over today to mow the lawn. He did a great job and he is a good kid. What I cannot understand is how my whole family thinks he was able to mow the lawn so much faster than me? I think he spent about the same amount of time. They (the family) say that it s probably because he is younger (there so nice). I watched the games (Sox and Pats) and increased my range of motion past 50°.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home