Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My leg seems to be getting stronger, I still have not progressed to weight lifting but I’m hopeful that is in the near future. I think by next week I’ll be starting lunges. Yesterdays PT session started out with a quick bike ride and then work on the ball doing both of the exercises I described last time. From there I moved to the disk, this is just a disk shaped object that is mounted on a half ball. I stand on that with one leg and rock it under control front to back. With two feet on it I rock it left to right. The next balancing exercise I did was stand on a snowboard shaped object that sits on two cushions. While balancing on that I play catch with Karen the Physical Therapist. The next exercise was side steps. With a tightly tied band around both legs a step to the side across the room. The next thing we did was walk on the treadmill backwards with tension on my leg. Not done yet, it was a long session. The last new exercise was I lay on a half cylinder with the flat side on the ground. I had to balance on that and march (lift both legs up and down in place). Surprisingly it was very difficult at first to balance when I lifted my right leg. The last thing I did before I left was work with the exercising balls again.

My home regiment has not changed much. I need to continue to do all of the exercise I had been doing and ad the side steps with the band tied to my legs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home